feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

DAVE MUSTAINE On Classic MEGADETH Lineup interview

Label: , ,

Revolver: How do you feel when fans say MEGADETH's best lineup was you with drummer Nick Menza, gutiarist Marty Friedman, and bassist David Ellefson? Mustaine: Well, they're entitled to their opinion, totally, and if they're talking from a music point of view, that's understandable, because there's only been one record so far with the new lineup. But what they have to realize is that I sang almost every single note of Marty Friedman's guitar solos, and I wrote the majority of Nick's drum parts, and I wrote almost every bass note that Ellefson played. It's just a matter of these guys getting into the groove. Revolver: How is it between you and METALLICA's Lars Ulrich and James Hetfield since shooting "Some Kind of Monster"? Mustaine: How's what? I have no idea what you're talking about. You mean as friends? Nothing. I haven't said one syllable to them. I think it's probably pretty disappointing, all of this. We have the same demons. We suffer from bullshit, and you don't talk to somebody. It's fine. And there's enough people in the world that are tired of this story, me included. God, it's how many years old? 30 years old? Revolver: [Swedish cult black metal act] DISSECTION had to be canceled from Israel's 2005 Metalist fest because you don't play with Satanic bands. Do you still refuse to play with any band that has even a smidgen of Satanism? Mustaine: First, DISSECTION didn't have to be canceled. I made clear to my agent that I won't play with Satanic bands, and the promoter booked the band without checking with the agent. Because I'm a legend, I don't need to play with people who have gone on record and said they're an enemy of mine. Because I believe in God and he believes in Satan, that means we're enemies, right? It doesn't mean I can't pray for the guy; it just means he doesn't like me and he said so. And I told them that I was stepping off the bill. I never said to cancel those guys. Second, the guy [DISSECTION frontman Jon Nödveidt] threatened me in France. I have two first-degree black belts and I was just awarded a fourth-degree black belt from the World Taekwondo Federation. If the guy wants to threaten me, bring it. I went, he wasn't there. I try really, really hard to live my life peacefully, and this guy went on record saying he was my enemy. You know what? Something happened to him. He committed suicide, didn't he? Oh, bummer. Read More